How to clear clipboard history in Windows 7, 8 and 10. A clipboard is the name of the memory in which copied or cut information is stored. You can use the clipboard to transfer information to different parts of Windows. Now some users may want to delete the history and information in the clipboard for various reasons, including security and personal reasons. In this case, this can be done in two simple ways.
In this article, we want to teach you how to delete the history and information in the memory of the Windows clipboard. Stay with us!
Clearing the clipboard memory is easy with the help of the feature that is available in Windows 10 and Windows 8. Of course, there are programs to clear and generally manage the clipboard memory that you can easily use. In this tutorial, we are going to explain how to clear the clipboard with the help of Windows built-in tools without the need to install and use additional programs.
Clear clipboard history in Windows 7, 8 and 10
As you know, there is more than one way to do a lot of things in Windows. The same goes for deleting the clipboard, and there are several ways, two examples of which we will teach below:
Method 1: Build a shortcut
In this method, to clear the memory of the clipboard, you first need to create a shortcut for this purpose on your desktop!
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Right-click on an empty space on your desktop, then select New from the menu that opens.
2. Select the Shortcut option from the menu that opens.
3. Now in the window that opens in the box for Type the location of the item, enter the following phrase:
%windir%\System32\cmd /c echo off | clip
4. Then click the Next button in the lower corner of the window.
5. In the next window, in the Type a name of this shortcut section, select a name related to its performance for your shortcut. For example Clear clipboard.
6. Click the Finish button.
Your shortcut was created.
You can move this shortcut to any part of your desktop. Each time you double-click on this shortcut, your clipboard memory will be erased. If the shortcut does not work, restart your computer once.
Method 2: Add the Clear clipboard option to the desktop right-click menu
You can add an option to clear your desktop right-click menu through the Registry Editor. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Start menu and type Run and search and then open it. In the window that opens, type and search for REGEDIT and open the Registry Editor.
2. In the Registry Editor window that opens, refer to the following registry key address:
3. From the left panel, right-click on Shell. Then from the menu that opens, first select the New option and then the Key option and name this new key Clear Clipboard.
4. Now right-click on this new key.
From the menu that opens, first select New and then Key and name it Command.
5. In the right panel, double-click on Default and select Modify.
6. In the Value Data box, enter the following phrase:
cmd.exe / c echo off | clip
7. Finally, click Ok, then press the F5 key to refresh the registry and exit.
Right-click on an empty space on your desktop. You will see that the Clear Clipboard option has been added to this list, and you can clear your clipboard memory by selecting it.
Quick and easy solutions for clearing the clipboard
If you have stored personal or sensitive information in your clipboard memory, here are some very simple ways to quickly delete it:
* Take a screenshot of your screen to replace the sensitive information stored in your clipboard memory.
* Restart your computer. With a restart you can clear your clipboard memory.
* Open the command line and clear your clipboard memory by running the following command:
echo off | clip
Dear user, we hope you would enjoy this tutorial, you can ask questions about this training in the comments section, or to solve other problems in the field of Eldernode training, refer to the Ask page section and raise your problem in it as soon as possible. Make time for other users and experts to answer your questions.