How to Run Linux Containers on Windows Server 2019. In previous articles we learned about running Docker Containers on Windows Server 2019. In this tutorial, we are going to teach you how to run Linux containers. You can Choose your perfect Windows VPS Server Packages from eldernode.
Docker on Windows only runs Windows container. To use Linux containers on Windows Server, you need to use the Docker Enterprise Edition Preview which includes a full LinuxKit system for running Docker Linux containers.
Tutorial Run Linux Containers on Windows Server 2019
1. In the first step, you have to uninstall your current Docker CE.
Uninstall-Package -Name docker -ProviderName DockerMSFTProvider
2. If you’re running Docker Containers using Linux Virtual Machine running on Hyper-V, enable Nested Virtualization.
Get-VM WinContainerHost | Set-VMProcessor -ExposeVirtualizationExtensions $true
3. In the third step, you must install the current preview build of Docker EE.
Install-Module DockerProvider Install-Package Docker -ProviderName DockerProvider -RequiredVersion preview
4. In the fourth step, enable LinuxKit system for running Linux containers.
[Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable("LCOW_SUPPORTED", "1", "Machine")
5. Next you need to restart the docker after making the changes.
6. Test stage.
> docker run -it --rm ubuntu /bin/bash [email protected]:/# cat /etc/os-release NAME="Ubuntu" VERSION="18.04.1 LTS (Bionic Beaver)" ID=ubuntu ID_LIKE=debian PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS" VERSION_ID="18.04" HOME_URL="https://www.ubuntu.com/" SUPPORT_URL="https://help.ubuntu.com/" BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/" PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://www.ubuntu.com/legal/terms-and-policies/privacy-policy" VERSION_CODENAME=bionic UBUNTU_CODENAME=bionic [email protected]:/# exit exit
7. Use the following commands to return to Windows containers.
[Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable("LCOW_SUPPORTED", "$null", "Machine")
Dear user, we hope you would enjoy this tutorial, you can ask questions about this training in the comments section, or to solve other problems in the field of Eldernode training, refer to the Ask page section and raise your problem in it as soon as possible. Make time for other users and experts to answer your questions.