Tutorial Install SQL Server 2019 Developer Edition on Windows Server. Microsoft SQL Server is software for building and managing databases in Windows services. This database is fully compatible with the Windows Server operating system, and most people who provide a VPS server or dedicated server with the Windows operating system use the SQL Server database on their server.
In this tutorial we are going to Install SQL Server 2019 Developer Edition on Windows Server 2019.
How to Install SQL Server 2019 Developer Edition on Windows Server 2019
1. The first step is to download SQL Server 2019 Developer Edition. Then Refer to the path where the downloaded file is located.
2. Select the desired file and click install to start the program to download and install the packages.
As you can see in the image below, you have 3 options ahead. It is recommended that you select the Custom option to start installing SQL Server 2019 Developer Edition on Windows Server 2019.
3. In the next step, you need to specify the path to save the downloaded files. Then click Install to begin the installation.
This step may take a few minutes.
4. A new window will open after the installation is complete. Click Installation as shown below.
5. On the right side of the window, click New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation.
6. In the next step, you can select an option from Developer, Evaluation and Express. The description of these options is given in the window.
7. Confirm the agreement and click Next.
8. In this step, you can select the Microsoft update option or not.
9. If your firewall is running, you might see a warning sign for the Windows Firewall. This warning reminds you to open appropriate ports after installation is complete.
10. In the next window you will see the features provided by SQL Server. Select the options you need and click Next.
11. Name your instance and click on Next.
How to configure the server in SQL Server
12. Specify the service accounts and collation configuration here. Click Next.
13. This step gives you the opportunity to set a password for the administrator account and choosing other admin accounts. You can also select the authentication mechanisms you will use. You can choose mixed-mode authentication where a user can either be from a domain or added manually in the SQL instance.
Then enter the password.
There are other tabs called Data Directories, TempDB, MaxDOP, Memory and FILESTREAM.
You can customize your settings from these tabs.
After making the above settings, click Next.
Note: Do not forget to add an admin user.
14. In the next step, select an administrator and set the Server mode to it and click Next.
15. After making the appropriate settings for the packages you have selected and installing them, click Next.
16. Click Install after reviewing the summary of the work done in the next step. Wait as the server gets installed.
After the installation is complete, click Close to get the SQL Server ready to use.
Dear user, we hope you would enjoy this tutorial, you can ask questions about this training in the comments section, or to solve other problems in the field of Eldernode training, refer to the Ask page section and raise your problem in it as soon as possible. Make time for other users and experts to answer your questions.