How to Connect to a Windows VPS Server. VPS (Virtual Private Server) is a virtual machine provided by Internet hosting services. A VPS server has a separate operating system and customers have Superuser or Root access to that operating system. As a result, they can install any software they want on that server.
VPS servers can be considered practically equivalent to dedicated and physical servers, with the difference that these types of servers are much easier to set up and configure. In other words, using technologies such as Virtuozzo, Virtualizor, Vmware, etc. with powerful and advanced hardware, a physical server was divided into several VPS with the same features and different resources.
In this article, we will teach you how to connect to a Windows VPS server via Remote Desktop. Stay tuned for the rest of this article.
Tutorial to connect to Windows VPS server
1. From the Start menu in the Accessories section, run the Remote Desktop Connection program.
You can use the following method to quickly open the Remote Desktop Connection window:
Press WinKey + R and then type mstsc and click OK.
Note: You can also search and then run Remote desktop from the Start menu.
2. Then click on Show Options.
3. In the Computer field, enter the IP assigned by Eldernode for your Windows VPS server, and in the UserName field, enter your username.
4. Go to the Display tab to set up a quick connection.
5. From the Display configuration section, select the size of the Remote window according to the size of your screen.
6. From the Colors section, set the color quality to a minimum so that you can connect to the server faster.
7. Click on the Connect option.
8. A window will appear for you to enter your password.
Note: Keep in mind that if you are using an older Windows server, you will be asked for a password after the remote.
9. After a few moments, you will be connected to the Windows environment.
You can now make all the desired settings, including the following, on your Windows server:
— Install various software
— Restart your VPS
— Windows internal settings
— Install ISS for web hosting
— Windows Firewall Settings
Dear user, we hope you would enjoy this tutorial, you can ask questions about this training in the comments section, or to solve other problems in the field of Eldernode training, refer to the Ask page section and raise your problem in it as soon as possible. Make time for other users and experts to answer your questions.