How to install MySQL on Windows Server. MySQL is the most popular database in the world that provides users with good facilities and features. Our suggestion to you is to definitely install this database. So stay tuned to eldernode with the MySQL installation tutorial on Windows Server.
You can also buy and use the Windows VPS Server from eldernode.
Download MySQL for Windows
You must first download MySQL for your Windows server. To do this you need to go to the MySQL site.
For easy access, we provide you with the link to the MySQL download page for Windows so that you can easily download the version you want.
After entering this page, select the version you want and click on the blue Download option.
After opening the download page, go to the bottom of the page and click on the No thanks, just start my download link to start downloading the file.
Tutorial install MySQL on Windows
After downloading MySQL, you can follow the steps to install MySQL on a Windows server according to the following steps:
1. On the Welcome page, click Install MySQL Products.
2. The first step is the License Agreement where you can read the terms and conditions and activate the I Accept the license terms option and click Next.
3. In the next section, if there is a newer version of MySQL, you can update. Otherwise, select the Skip the check for updates option and click on Execute.
4. In the Choosing a Setup Type step, you can select the required type from MySQL, but as suggested, you can select the Server only option.
Description of other options:
A) Developer Default: this is the full installation of MySQL Server and the other tools needed for development. If you are building your database from the ground up or will be managing the data directly in the database, you’ll want to use this setup type.
B) Server Only: if you only need MySQL Server installed for use with a CMS or other application and will not be managing the database directly, you can install just the server.
C) Client only: This option is suitable for the client or customer.
D) Full: This option includes all the features.
E) Custom: this setup type will allow you to customize every part of the installation from the server version to whichever additional tools you select.
5. In the next step, specify the Installation Path and Data path. Then click Next.
6. On the Check Requirements page, you will see the installed items with a green tick. You can also install uninstalled items.
After the installation is 100%, you can click on the Next option to complete the installation process.
How to configure MySQL
In the step related to Type and Networking, you can proceed according to the following explanations:
1. In the Config Type field, you must select the configuration type that suits your server.
If you are installing MySQL on a server on which other programs are installed and running, select the Server Machine option.
Select the Dedicated Machine option if your server is dedicated to MySQL only and no other services are running.
2. In the Connectivity section, you can specify connections and set to TCP / IP mode with port 3306.
3. Click Next to set the Root Account Password.
Enter a secure password to secure and prevent unauthorized access.
4. From the MySQL User Accounts section, you can add an account and then click Next.
5. On the Windows Service page, you can enable Configure MySQL Server as a Windows Service by checking it.
6. If you want MySQL to run when the system is turned on, enable the Start the MySQL Server at System Startup option and click Next.
7. Click Finish when the configuration process is complete.
Dear user, we hope you would enjoy this tutorial, you can ask questions about this training in the comments section, or to solve other problems in the field of Eldernode training, refer to the Ask page section and raise your problem in it as soon as possible. Make time for other users and experts to answer your questions.